Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Workplace Communication Skills for Interprofessional Health Care Teams
This course is delivered in a blended format that integrates classroom and online elements.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- understand health care workplaces in Ontario such as clinics, community agencies and hospitals.
- better communicate on interprofessional health care teams.
- accurately provide and collect information on a client’s care.
- network with local employers, industry associations and employment resources.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in health care will help you
- practise common interprofessional workplace communication skills.
- develop strong networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Interprofessional Health Care Teams is for you if
- you have training or experience as one of the following:
- occupational therapist.
- social worker.
- your English is at an intermediate level (at least level 6 in Canadian Language Benchmarks).
- you are a permanent resident or a protected person who lives in Ontario.
Individuals currently working in Ontario health care can benefit particularly from this course.
OSLT is delivered in classroom-based and exclusively online formats. See all Health Care courses and modules.