Workplace Communication Skills for Automotive Trades
Participate in FREE work-oriented language training
*Please note that Automotive Trades is not being offered in 2016-2017.
This practical and innovative course will help you:
- understand automotive workplaces in Ontario.
- interact effectively with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- network and connect with local employers and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in automotive trades settings such as:
- repair shops.
- car dealership parts and service departments.
- service stations.
- leasing companies.
- trucking companies.
- public transit departments.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in automotive workplaces will help you:
- practise common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Automotive Trades is for you if:
- you have training or experience in one of the following areas:
- automotive service.
- heavy duty equipment.
- truck and coach.
- your English is at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmarks 5 to 8).
- you are a permanent resident or protected person.