Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Communicating in the Technology Sector in Ontario
*Please check back in Fall 2019 for information about which colleges will be offering this online module.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- explore relevant cultural concepts and how to adapt communication to suit your purposes.
- improve skills for gathering and sharing information in the workplace.
- make presentations in the workplace context.
- use the telephone and email effectively.
Communicating in the Technology Sector in Ontario is for you if
- you have training or experience in architectural, engineering or information technology.
- your English is at an intermediate level (at least level 6 in Canadian Language Benchmarks).
- you are familiar with computers and related technology.
- you are a permanent resident or a protected person who lives in Ontario.
This is an online course that requires access to a computer with video and audio capabilities as well as an Internet connection.
Note that three 40-hour online modules in this sector are equivalent to a full OSLT Workplace Communication Skills for Technology course. This one is grouped with