Currently working or seeking employment?
Want to improve your workplace communication skills?
New to Canada?
Occupation-specific Language Training courses are delivered in a variety of formats to suit any schedule.
Occupation-specific Language Training (OSLT) is offered at no cost for newcomers to Ontario.
Participants must be permanent residents or protected persons who live in Ontario and who have
- training or experience in a specific occupation or sector, but need to improve their occupation-specific communication skills.
- language proficiency of at least level 5 in Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB), or Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC) for courses taught in French (for skilled trades at least level 4 in CLB/NCLC). Some courses/modules require higher CLB levels.
Participants will develop the language and communication skills needed to
- understand workplace culture in their occupation and sector.
- interact effectively with their colleagues, clients and supervisors.
- give and receive information by email and telephone.
- interview and network effectively.
What is OSLT?
Welcome to OSLT!