Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Workplace Communication Skills for Construction Trades
This course is delivered in a classroom-based format.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- understand construction workplaces in Ontario, including residential and commercial project sites, and private homes.
- interact effectively with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- network and connect with local employers, industry associations and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in construction trades sites such as:
- residential developments.
- commercial developments.
- public works projects.
- private homes.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in construction workplaces will help you
- practise common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills
Workplace Communication Skills for Construction Trades is for you if
- you have training or experience in one of the following:
- steam fitting.
- you have a valid language proficiency of at least level 4 in Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB), or Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC) for courses taught in French.
- you are a permanent resident, convention refugee/protected person, or until March 31, 2024, a Ukrainian temporary resident or their dependent in Canada.
- you live in Ontario.
Workplace Communication Skills for Construction Trades is offered at the following colleges in 2023-2024:
ǂ Course delivered in French.
|COLLEGE||LOCATION OR VIRTUAL DELIVERY||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|La Cité ǂ||Ottawa||613-742-2475 or 1-800-267-2483 x 2475 / email@example.com|