Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Workplace Communication Skills for Construction Trades
This course is delivered in a classroom-based format.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- understand construction workplaces in Ontario, including residential and commercial project sites, and private homes.
- interact effectively with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- network and connect with local employers, industry associations and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in construction trades sites such as:
- residential developments.
- commercial developments.
- public works projects.
- private homes.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in construction workplaces will help you
- practise common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills
Workplace Communication Skills for Construction Trades is for you if
- you have training or experience in one of the following:
- steam fitting.
- your English is at an intermediate level (at least level 4 in Canadian Language Benchmarks, or Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens for courses taught in French).
- you are a permanent resident or a protected person who lives in Ontario.
Workplace Communication Skills for Construction Trades is offered at the following colleges in 2021-2022:
ǂ Course delivered in French.
|COLLEGE||LOCATION (Virtual Delivery)||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|La Cité ǂ||Ottawa||613-742-2475 or 1-800-267-2483 x 2475 / firstname.lastname@example.org|