Working with Children and Youth
Workplace Communication Skills for Working with Children and Youth
Participate in FREE work-oriented language training
This practical and innovative course will help you:
- understand human services workplaces in Ontario, including child-care centres and schools.
- interact clearly and effectively with colleagues, clients, supervisors and the public.
- network and connect with local employers, agencies and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in settings such as
- nursery schools.
- centre and home-based daycares.
- elementary schools.
- high schools.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in working with children and youth will help you:
- practise common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Working with Children and Youth is for you if:
- you have training or experience in the following:
- early childhood education.
- child and youth care.
- you are a permanent resident of Canada or protected person.
- your English is at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmarks 6 to 8 or Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens of 6 to 8 for courses offered in French).
Workplace Communication Skills for Working with Children and Youth is offered at the following colleges:
|COLLEGE||LOCATION||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|Conestoga – ECE||Kitchener-Waterloo||519-886-3300 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|La Cité* – ECE||Ottawa||613-742-2475 or 1-800-267-2483 x 2475 / email@example.com|
|Sheridan – ECE||Brampton||905-459-7533 x 8101 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
* Course delivered in French.