Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Writing Professionally in the Health Care Sector
This is an exclusively online course that requires access to a computer with video and audio capabilities as well as an Internet connection. This course can be taken from anywhere in Ontario.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- develop skills and strategies for adapting health care writing for a particular purpose and audience.
- you have valid Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs)
- write different types of workplace communication in the health care sector.
Activities based on everyday written communication tasks in the workplace will help you
- write a paragraph that demonstrates reflective thinking.
- write a summary of a client interaction in the style of a progress note.
- write a professional email.
Writing Professionally in the Health Care Sector is for you if
- you have successfully completed an OSLT course in Health Care, Interprofessional Health Care Teams or a 40-hour OSLT online module: Communicating in the Health Care Sector in Ontario.
- you are familiar with computers and related technology.
- you are a permanent resident, convention refugee/protected person, or until March 31, 2024, a Ukrainian temporary resident or their dependent in Canada.
- you live in Ontario.
OSLT is delivered in classroom-based and exclusively online formats. See all Health Care courses and modules.
Writing Professionally in the Health Care Sector is offered online by the following colleges in 2023-2024:
|COLLEGE||LOCATION||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|George Brown||Online||416-415-5000 x 6980 / firstname.lastname@example.org|