Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Managing Health Care Interactions in Ontario
This is an online course that requires access to a computer with video and audio capabilities as well as an Internet connection. This course can be taken from anywhere in Ontario.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- give instructions for routine procedures.
- provide health teaching, such as offering explanations.
- provide comfort and reassurance.
- manage challenging interactions, such as advocating for clients.
Managing Health Care Interactions in Ontario is for you if
- you have training or experience in one of the following: dental hygienist, dietitian, medical laboratory technologist, medical radiation technologist, nurse, occupational therapist, personal support worker, physiotherapist, sleep technologist or social worker.
- you have a valid language proficiency of at least level 6 in Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB).
- you are familiar with computers and related technology.
- you are a permanent resident, convention refugee or a protected person who lives in Ontario.
Note that three 40-hour online modules in this sector are equivalent to a full classroom-based OSLT Workplace Communication Skills for Health Care course. This one is grouped with
- Accessing the Health Care Job Market in Ontario.
- Communicating in the Health Care Sector in Ontario.
OSLT is delivered in classroom-based and exclusively online formats. See all Health Care courses and modules.