Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
This is an online course that requires access to a computer with video and audio capabilities as well as an Internet connection. This course can be taken from anywhere in Ontario.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- develop a strategic approach to writing workplace communication.
- understand purpose and audience in written workplace communication.
- use logical structure in emails.
- write effective emails to make requests, exchange information, make complaints and follow up.
Activities based on everyday written communication tasks in the workplace will help you
- use self-editing strategies to identify common personal errors and make changes.
- produce single- and multiple-paragraph professional writing for an appropriate audience and purpose.
Writing Professionally is for you if
- you have successfully completed an OSLT course in Accounting and Finance, Entrepreneurship and Sales & Marketing, Project Management, Professional Managers, Technology or one of the following 40-hour OSLT online modules: Communicating in the Business Sector in Ontario OR Communicating in the Technology Sector in Ontario.
- you are familiar with computers and related technology.
- you have valid Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs)
- you are a permanent resident, convention refugee or a protected person who lives in Ontario.
Writing Professionally is offered online by the following colleges in 2022-2023:
|COLLEGE||LOCATION||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|Centennial||Online||416-289-5000 x 57405 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fanshawe||Online||519-452-4430 X 6501 / email@example.com|
|George Brown||Online||416-415-5000 X 6980 /firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mohawk||Online||905-575-1212 x 3092 / learnEnglish@mohawkcollege.ca|
|Niagara||Online||905-641-2252 x 4188 / email@example.com|
|Seneca||Online||416-491-5050 X 22586 / firstname.lastname@example.org|