Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
This practical and innovative course will help you
- develop a strategic approach to writing workplace communication.
- understand purpose and audience in written workplace communication.
- use logical structure in emails.
- write effective emails to make requests, exchange information, make complaints and follow up.
Activities based on everyday written communication tasks in the workplace will help you
- use self-editing strategies to identify common personal errors and make changes.
- produce single- and multiple-paragraph professional writing for an appropriate audience and purpose.
Writing Professionally is for you if
- you have successfully completed an OSLT course in Accounting and Finance, Entrepreneurship and Sales & Marketing, Project Management, Professional Managers or Technology.
- you are familiar with computers and related technology.
- you are a permanent resident or a protected person who lives in Ontario.
This is an online course that requires access to a computer with video and audio capabilities as well as an Internet connection.
Writing Professionally is offered online by the following colleges in 2019-20:
|COLLEGE||LOCATION||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|Algonquin||Ottawa||613-727-4723 x 5700 / email@example.com|
|Fanshawe||London||519-452-4430 X 6501 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|George Brown||Toronto||416-415-5000 X 6980 / email@example.com|
|Georgian||Barrie||705-728-1968 X 5329 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Seneca||Toronto||416-491-5050 X 22586 / email@example.com|
|Sheridan||Mississauga||905-459-7533 X 8101 / firstname.lastname@example.org|