Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
This is an online course that requires access to a computer with video and audio capabilities as well as an Internet connection. This course can be taken from anywhere in Ontario.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- develop a strategic approach to writing workplace communication.
- understand purpose and audience in written workplace communication.
- use logical structure in emails.
- write effective emails to make requests, exchange information, make complaints and follow up.
Activities based on everyday written communication tasks in the workplace will help you
- use self-editing strategies to identify common personal errors and make changes.
- produce single- and multiple-paragraph professional writing for an appropriate audience and purpose.
Writing Professionally is for you if
- you have successfully completed an OSLT course in Accounting and Finance, Entrepreneurship and Sales & Marketing, Project Management, Professional Managers, Technology or one of the following 40-hour OSLT online modules: Communicating in the Business Sector in Ontario OR Communicating in the Technology Sector in Ontario.
- you are familiar with computers and related technology.
- you have valid Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs).
- you are a permanent resident, convention refugee/protected person, or until March 31, 2024, a Ukrainian temporary resident or their dependent in Canada.
- you live in Ontario.
Writing Professionally is offered online by the following colleges in 2023-2024:
|COLLEGE||LOCATION||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|Algonquin||Online||613-727-4723 x 2530 / OSLT@algonquincollege.com|
|Centennial||Online||416-289-5000 x 57405 / email@example.com|
|Fanshawe||Online||519-452-4430 X 26501 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|George Brown||Online||416-415-5000 X 6980 /email@example.com|
|Mohawk||Online||905-575-1212 x 3092 / learnEnglish@mohawkcollege.ca|
|Niagara||Online||905-641-2252 x 4188 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Seneca||Online||416-764-9722 / email@example.com|