Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Workplace Communication Skills for Working with Children and Youth
This course is delivered in a classroom-based format that is enhanced with online homework as well as a blended format that integrates classroom and online elements.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- understand human services workplaces in Ontario, including child-care centres and schools.
- interact clearly and effectively with colleagues, clients, supervisors and the public.
- network and connect with local employers, agencies and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in settings such as
- nursery schools.
- centre and home-based daycares.
- elementary schools.
- high schools.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in working with children and youth will help you
- practise common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Working with Children and Youth is for you if
- you have training or experience in one of the following:
- early childhood education.
- child and youth care.
- your English is at an intermediate level (at least level 5 in Canadian Language Benchmarks, or Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens for courses taught in French).
- you are a permanent resident or a protected person who lives in Ontario.
OSLT is delivered in classroom-based and exclusively online formats. See all Human Services courses.
Workplace Communication Skills for Working with Children and Youth is offered at the following colleges 2021-2022:
ǂ Course delivered in French
|COLLEGE||LOCATION (Virtual Delivery)||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|Boréal Hamilton ǂ||Hamilton||905-544-9824 / email@example.com|
|La Cité ǂ||Ottawa||613-742-2475 or 1-800-267-2483 x 2475 / firstname.lastname@example.org|