Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Workplace Communication Skills for Technology
This course is delivered in a classroom-based format that is enhanced with online homework as well as a blended format that integrates classroom and online elements.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- understand technology workplaces in Ontario.
- interact clearly and effectively with colleagues, clients, supervisors and project team members.
- network and connect with local employers, industry associations and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication skills in a variety of settings.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in technology will help you
- practise common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Technology is for you if
- you have training or experience in architectural, engineering or information technology.
- your English is at an intermediate level (at least level 5 in Canadian Language Benchmarks).
- you are a permanent resident or a protected person who lives in Ontario.
OSLT is delivered in classroom-based and exclusively online formats. See all Technology courses and modules.
Workplace Communication Skills for Technology is offered at the following colleges in 2021-2022:
|COLLEGE||LOCATION (Virtual Delivery)||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|Conestoga||Kitchener / Waterloo||519-886-3300 / email@example.com|
|Humber||Toronto||416-675-6622 x 2987 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Niagara||Niagara||905-641-2252 x 4188 / email@example.com|
|Seneca||Toronto||416-491-5050 x 22586 / firstname.lastname@example.org|