Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Communicating in the Health Care Sector in Ontario
This is an online course that requires access to a computer with video and audio capabilities as well as an Internet connection. This course can be taken from anywhere in Ontario.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- explore relevant cultural concepts and how to adapt communication to suit your purposes.
- improve skills for data collection interviews in the workplace.
- document data collection findings in an appropriate manner.
- use the telephone effectively.
Communicating in the Health Care Sector in Ontario is for you if
- you have training or experience in one of the following: dental hygienist, dietitian, medical laboratory technologist, medical radiation technologist, nurse, occupational therapist, personal support worker, physiotherapist, sleep technologist or social worker.
- you have a valid language proficiency of at least level 6 in Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB).
- you are familiar with computers and related technology.
- you are a permanent resident, convention refugee/protected person, or a Ukrainian temporary resident or their dependent in Canada (until March 31, 2024) who lives in Ontario.
Note that three 40-hour online modules in this sector are equivalent to a full classroom-based OSLT Workplace Communication Skills for Health Care course. This one is grouped with
OSLT is delivered in classroom-based and exclusively online formats. See all Health Care courses and modules.
Communicating in the Health Care Sector in Ontario is offered at the following colleges in 2023-2024:
|COLLEGE||LOCATION||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|Mohawk||Online||905-575-1212 x 3092 / learnEnglish@mohawkcollege.ca|