Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Communicating in the Construction Trades
This 40-hour course is delivered in a blended format that combines classroom and online elements. This will be a pilot course in 2024.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- comprehend routine task instructions using appropriate communication strategies.
- verbally report a job-related issue or need in a clear and appropriate manner.
- use communication strategies to effectively manage an interaction with a superior or co-worker.
Communicating in the Construction Trades is for you if
- you have training or experience in the carpentry, bricklaying, electrical, plumbing or steamfitting trades.
- you have a valid language proficiency of at least level 5 in Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB).
- you are familiar with computers and related technology.
- you are a permanent resident, convention refugee/protected person, or until March 31, 2025 for Ukrainian temporary residents.
- you live in Ontario.
Note that this 40-hour course is grouped with
OSLT is delivered in classroom-based and exclusively online formats. See all Construction Trades courses and modules.
Communicating in the Construction Trades is offered at the following college in 2023-2024:
|LOCATION OR VIRTUAL DELIVERY
|PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL
|519-452-4430 x 26501 / firstname.lastname@example.org