Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Workplace Communication Skills for Health Care
This course is delivered in a classroom-based format that is enhanced with online homework as well as a blended format that integrates classroom and online elements.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- understand health care workplaces in Ontario such as hospitals, clinics and nursing homes.
- interact clearly and effectively with colleagues, clients and supervisors.
- network and connect with local employers, industry associations and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in health care settings such as
- nursing homes.
- community agencies.
- medical offices.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in health care will help you
- practise common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Health Care is for you if
- you have training or experience in one of the following:
- dental hygiene.
- medical laboratory technology.
- medical radiation technology.
- personal support work.
- sleep technology.
- you have a valid language proficiency of at least level 5 in Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB), or Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC) for courses taught in French.
- you are a permanent resident, convention refugee/protected person, or until March 31, 2024, a Ukrainian temporary resident or their dependent in Canada.
- you live in Ontario.
OSLT is delivered in classroom-based and exclusively online formats. See all Health Care courses and modules.
Workplace Communication Skills for Health Care is offered at the following colleges in 2023-2024:
|COLLEGE||LOCATION OR VIRTUAL DELIVERY||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|Algonquin||Ottawa||613-727-4723 x 2530 / OSLT@algonquincollege.com|
|Boréal||Toronto||416-289-5130 x 5110 / email@example.com|
|Centennial||Toronto||416-289-5000 x 57405 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Conestoga||Kitchener/Waterloo||519-886-3300 / email@example.com|
|George Brown||Toronto||416-415-5000 x 6980 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Niagara||Niagara-on-the-Lake||905-641-2252 x 4188 / email@example.com|