Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Accessing the Business Job Market in Ontario
This is an online course that requires access to a computer with video and audio capabilities as well as an Internet connection. This course can be taken from anywhere in Ontario.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- conduct research related to a job search, such as labour market trends, occupational requirements, pathways for working in your occupation, networking opportunities and helpful resources.
- analyze job ads to better understand what employers are looking for and how to tailor an application.
- introduce yourself in the job search context.
- describe your professional experience and present your knowledge, skills and attributes effectively.
- create a plan for moving forward in a job search.
Accessing the Business Job Market in Ontario is for you if
- you have training or experience in accounting, finance, entrepreneurship, project management, or sales and marketing.
- you have a valid language proficiency of at least level 6 in Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB).
- you are familiar with computers and related technology.
- you are a permanent resident, convention refugee/protected person, or a Ukrainian temporary resident or their dependent in Canada who lives in Ontario.
Note that three 40-hour online modules in this sector are equivalent to a full classroom-based OSLT Workplace Communication Skills for Business course. This one is grouped with
OSLT is delivered in classroom-based and exclusively online formats. See all Business courses and modules.
Accessing the Business Job Market in Ontario is offered at the following colleges in 2022-2023:
|COLLEGE||LOCATION||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|Fanshawe||Online||519-452-4430 x 6501 / email@example.com|
|George Brown||Online||416-415-5000 x 6980 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Georgian||Online||705-728-1968 x 5329 / email@example.com|
|Mohawk||Online||905-575-1212 x 3092 / learnEnglish@mohawkcollege.ca|