Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Workplace Communication Skills for Interprofessional Health Care Teams
This practical and innovative course will help you
- understand health care workplaces in Ontario such as clinics, community agencies and hospitals.
- better communicate on interprofessional health care teams.
- accurately provide and collect information on a client’s care.
- network with local employers, industry associations and employment resources.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in health care will help you
- practise common interprofessional workplace communication skills.
- develop strong networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Interprofessional Health Care Teams is for you if
- you have training or experience as one of the following:
- occupational therapist.
- social worker.
- your English is at an intermediate level (at least level 6 in Canadian Language Benchmarks).
- you are a permanent resident or a protected person who lives in Ontario.
Individuals currently working in Ontario health care can benefit particularly from this course.
The course is delivered in a blended format that includes both classroom-based instruction and online instruction.
Workplace Communication Skills for Interprofessional Health Care Teams is offered at the following colleges in 2019-20:
|COLLEGE||LOCATION||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|Centennial||Toronto||416-289-5000 x 7405 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Conestoga||Kitchener||519-886-3300 / email@example.com|
|George Brown||Toronto||416-415-5000 x 6980 / firstname.lastname@example.org|