Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Communicating in the Business Sector in Ontario
This is an online course that requires access to a computer with video and audio capabilities as well as an Internet connection. This course can be taken from anywhere in Ontario.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- explore relevant cultural concepts and how to adapt communication to suit your purposes.
- improve skills for gathering and sharing information in the workplace.
- make presentations in the workplace.
- use the telephone and email effectively.
Communicating in the Business Sector in Ontario is for you if
- you have training or experience in accounting, finance, entrepreneurship, project management, or sales and marketing.
- you have a valid language proficiency of at least level 6 in Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB).
- you are familiar with computers and related technology.
- you are a permanent resident, convention refugee/protected person, or a Ukrainian temporary resident or their dependent in Canada (until March 31, 2024) who lives in Ontario.
Note that three 40-hour online modules in this sector are equivalent to a full classroom-based OSLT Workplace Communication Skills for Business course. This one is grouped with
OSLT is delivered in classroom-based and exclusively online formats. See all Business courses and modules.
Communicating in the Business Sector in Ontario is offered at the following colleges in 2023-2024:
|COLLEGE||LOCATION||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|Georgian||Online||705-728-1968 x 5329 / email@example.com|
|Mohawk||Online||905-575-1212 x 3092 / learnEnglish@mohawkcollege.ca|