Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Accessing the Construction Trades Job Market in Ontario
This is an online course that requires access to a computer with video and audio capabilities as well as an Internet connection. This course can be taken from anywhere in Ontario.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- conduct research related to a job search, such as occupational requirements, pathways for working in your trade, networking opportunities and helpful resources.
- analyze job ads to better understand what employers are looking for and how to tailor an application.
- introduce yourself in the job search context.
- describe your professional experience and present your knowledge, skills and attributes effectively.
- create a plan for moving forward in a job search.
Accessing the Construction Trades Job Market in Ontario is for you if
- you have training or experience in the carpentry, bricklaying, electrical, plumbing or steamfitting trades.
- you have a valid language proficiency of at least level 5 in Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB).
- you are familiar with computers and related technology.
- you are a permanent resident, convention refugee/protected person, or until March 31, 2025 for Ukrainian temporary residents.
- you live in Ontario.
Note that this 40-hour course is grouped with
OSLT is delivered in classroom-based and exclusively online formats. See all Construction Trades courses and modules.
Accessing the Construction Trades Job Market is offered at the following college in 2023-2024:
|LOCATION OR VIRTUAL DELIVERY
|PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL
|416-415-5000 x 6980 / firstname.lastname@example.org