Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Workplace Communication Skills for Older Adult Care
This course is delivered in a blended format that combines classroom and online elements.
*Please note that Workplace Communication Skills for Older Adult Care is not being offered in 2019-20.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- apply your workplace communication training in a variety of older adult care settings.
- better communicate when working in older adult care.
- understand the cultural dimensions of older adult care in Ontario.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in older adult care will help you
- describe your experience and strengths relevant for working in older adult care.
- manage interactions with older adults.
- manage interactions with older adults’ family members.
Workplace Communication Skills for Older Adult Care is for you if
- you have successfully completed an OSLT course in Health Care or Interprofessional Health Care Teams.
- you are a permanent resident or a protected person who lives in Ontario.
OSLT is delivered in classroom-based and exclusively online formats. See all Health Care courses and modules.