Older Adult Care
Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Workplace Communication Skills for Older Adult Care
This course is delivered in a blended format that combines classroom and online elements.
Please note that Older Adult Care is not being offered in 2023-2024.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- apply your workplace communication training in a variety of older adult care settings.
- better communicate when working in older adult care.
- understand the cultural dimensions of older adult care in Ontario.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in older adult care will help you
- describe your experience and strengths relevant for working in older adult care.
- manage interactions with older adults.
- manage interactions with older adults’ family members.
Workplace Communication Skills for Older Adult Care is for you if
- you have successfully completed an OSLT course in Health Care, Interprofessional Health Care Teams or the following OSLT online 40-hour modules: Communicating in the Health Care Sector in Ontario and Managing Health Care Interactions.
- you have training or experience as a dietitian, nurse, occupational therapist, personal support worker, physiotherapist or social worker.
- you have valid Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs).
- you are a permanent resident, convention refugee/protected person, or until March 31, 2024, a Ukrainian temporary resident or their dependent in Canada.
- you live in Ontario.
Workplace Communication Skills for Older Adult Care is offered at the following colleges in 2021-2022:
|COLLEGE||LOCATION||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|George Brown||Online||416-415-5000 x 6980 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mohawk||Online||905-575-1212 x 3092 / learnEnglish@mohawkcollege.ca|