Workplace Communication Skills for Health Care
Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
This practical and innovative course will help you:
- understand health care workplaces in Ontario such as hospitals, clinics and nursing homes.
- interact clearly and effectively with colleagues, clients and supervisors.
- network and connect with local employers, industry associations and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in health care settings such as
- nursing homes.
- community agencies.
- medical offices.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in health care will help you
- practise common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Health Care is for you if:
- you have training or experience in one of the following:
- dental hygiene.
- medical laboratory technology.
- medical radiation technology.
- personal support work.
- sleep technology.
- your English is at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmarks 6 to 8, or Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens of 6 to 8 for courses offered in French).
- you are a permanent resident of Canada or protected person.
Workplace Communication Skills for Health Care is offered at the following colleges:
|COLLEGE||LOCATION||PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL|
|Algonquin||Ottawa||613-727-4723 x 6548 / email@example.com|
|Boréal Hamilton||Hamilton||905-554-9824 x 7308 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Boréal Toronto||Toronto||416-289-5130 x 5110 / email@example.com|
|Centennial||Toronto||416-289-5000 x 7405 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Conestoga||Waterloo||519-886-3300 / email@example.com|
|Fanshawe||London||519-452-4430 x 6501 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
||416-415-5000 x 6980 / email@example.com|
|La Cité*||Ottawa||613-742-2475 or 1-800-267-2483 x 2475 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Niagara||Niagara-on-the-Lake||905-641-2252 x 4437 / email@example.com|
|Seneca||Toronto||416-491-5050 x 22158 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sheridan||Brampton||905-459-7533 x 8101 / email@example.com|
* Course delivered in French