Policing and Security
Workplace Communication Skills for Policing and Security
Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
*Please note that Policing and Security is not being offered in 2016-2017.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- understand policing and security-related workplaces in Ontario, including police departments and security agencies.
- interact clearly and effectively with colleagues, clients, supervisors and the public.
- network and connect with local employers, industry associations and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in settings such as
- institutional settings.
- police departments.
- security-patrolled sites.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in policing and security will help you
- practise common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Policing and Security is for you if:
- you have training or experience in the following:
- your English is at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmarks 6 to 8).
you are a permanent resident of Canada or protected person.