Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Workplace Communication Skills for Automotive Trades
This course is delivered in a classroom-based format.
*Please note that Automotive Trades is not being offered in 2021-22.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- understand automotive workplaces in Ontario.
- interact effectively with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- network and connect with local employers and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in automotive trades settings such as
- repair shops.
- car dealership parts and service departments.
- service stations.
- leasing companies.
- trucking companies.
- public transit departments.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in automotive workplaces will help you
- practise common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Automotive Trades is for you if
- you have training or experience in one of the following areas:
- automotive service.
- heavy duty equipment.
- truck and coach.
- Your English is at an intermediate level (at least level 4 in Canadian Language Benchmarks).
- You are a permanent resident or a protected person who lives in Ontario.