Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers
Workplace Communication Skills for Policing and Security
This course is delivered in a classroom-based format.
*Please note that Policing and Security is not being offered in 2019-20.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- understand policing and security-related workplaces in Ontario, including police departments and security agencies.
- interact clearly and effectively with colleagues, clients, supervisors and the public.
- network and connect with local employers, industry associations and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in settings such as
- institutional settings.
- police departments.
- security-patrolled sites.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in policing and security will help you
- practise common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Policing and Security is for you if
- you have training or experience in one of the following:
- your English is at an intermediate level (at least level 5 in Canadian Language Benchmarks).
- you are a permanent resident or a protected person who lives in Ontario.
OSLT is delivered in classroom-based and exclusively online formats. See all Human Services courses.